"German Walk & Talk" avoids classrooms wherever possible - whether virtual or real. We meet in Frankfurt am Main and the surrounding area.
You work, cook, eat and drink, shop, hike, get to know Frankfurt and the Rhine-Main area, take pictures, draw, write, listen to music, do sports, talk, discuss and learn German in the process - with colleagues, friends and with your family. You create your learning material yourself, together and individually. A German textbook with audio and video files serves as a guide.
You receive daily tasks, proofreading and listening.
On weekends we meet for a workshop where we discuss and visualize the grammar of the German language and together find ways to practice the structures.
Ongoing contact and documentation is provided via a dedicated learning platform with discussion forum. At the end of a course you will receive the individually and jointly created learning material as a pdf.
A 4-week course at levels A1.1 to B2.2 includes per person
- German textbook with audio files, progression according to the Common European Framework of Reference CEFR
- 5 half-day grammar workshops (visualization, methods of practice) on weekends
- daily tasks and tips for activities according to your interests
- accompanying own learning control
- proofreading of 4 texts of 1000 words (two A4 pages) respectively
- correction of a total of 4 audio files of 2 minutes monologue / 4 minutes dialogue by two participants
- 2 lunchtime or evening conversations per week between the instructor and one or two participants in the Frankfurt area for 20 minutes per participant
- online platform with the results of the grammar workshops, corrected texts and dialogues, moderated discussion forum
- up-to-date tips for activities in the Rhine-Main area
- pdf and audio files with the individually and jointly developed contents of the online platform at the end of the course
Accompanying exam preparation for telc exams by arrangement.
Price per participant 390,- Euro/course/month. Maximum 6 participants per course.
In case of withdrawal before the beginning of a course you will receive 300,- Euro back. In case of withdrawal after one week of course attendance 250,- Euro.
The course is intensive and fast-paced: For the successful completion of a module plan at least 20 hours per week in which you will - also - work on German. 5 workshop dates on Saturdays from 9 to 13:15 or - depending on the course - 14 to 18:15 are fixed, plus up to 2 lessons of conversation per week by arrangement, the rest are tasks and exercises to prepare and follow up or prepare workshops.
I am authorized by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) to teach "professional language courses up to language level C2 according to CEFR". However, my courses are not sponsored by the BAMF. Therefore, you are completely free to participate and design the course as you wish. Of course, you will receive a certificate of attendance and an invoice, which you can submit to your employer or the tax office.
Tip: Learn by teaching. Form a learning group with colleagues, friends or family, pass on what you have learned and solve the tasks as a team. Participate in the grammar workshops yourself or arrange to be represented. You pay for one participant.